Clam & Charred Onion Dip by Tavern & Table
Recipe by Tavern & Table.
- 2 yellow onions
- 1 quart sour cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups chopped clams, drained well
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar powder
- 1 tablespoon Hondashi powder
- 4 tablespoons Maldon smoked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons chives for garnish
- Peel and quarter onions, then place under a broiler or char in a cast iron pan until “burned to hell.”
- Wrap charred onions in foil and bake for one hour at 325 degrees.
- Chop the charred onions in a food processor or by hand.
- Place everything together in a food processor or a large bowl and mix until everything is smooth and thick.
- Garnish with some green chives.
- Enjoy with your favorite chips.
Shem Creek Restaurants
Search This Site
About Shem Creek
Shem Creek offers waterfront activities, picturesque views of its marshes and the Charleston Harbor, a boardwalk, as well as a park and many restaurants. Dive in and read about this Mount Pleasant, SC gem and all of the yummy treats it has to offer.